Homework can be a controversial issue for many students and teachers, especially during college. The points of view from the student’s and teacher’s perspective vary and the overall quality of education in many ways decides how efficient the homework is as a part of the study process. This issue is rising particularly often now in many aspects due to a variety of services that can assist, review or do a student’s homework and those services are being both affordable and accessible to a vast majority of students.
A specific part of that issue is what drives students to turn towards such services.
Time management is a hard concept and a lot of people never learn how to use their time effectively, which is even harder for a student when their life is full of very attractive distractions whether it is social life, TV shows or constant need to divert attention towards messengers and social networks.
Staying focused and creating a comfortable atmosphere for studying is important to be able to use time efficiently, but a big number of students lack dedicated study place at home. Consequently, they are often distracted and spend a lot more time on their homework than they might have needed if they organized the surroundings correctly:
- Create an atmosphere without distractions;
- Ask family and friends to give the time for the student to be alone and concentrate;
- Create and use a comfortable study area.
Such an approach to studying leaves a lot of students without sufficient time they would want to devote to studying and they choose to use writing services for some of their homework. Whether their choice is based on a concept of priority or laziness is a separate issue.
For a majority of people being a student comes on their early years and during that period of life for a number of students priorities do not lie in a field of studies, they prefer spending time outside with their peers or engaging in more leisure activities that have a better return of immediate positive experience as at that stage of personal development individuals generally tend to greatly value short-term pleasures over long-term benefits and planning.
However, this is not the case for every student as, according to the listed services, there is a number of ways to use them:
- Subject priority. Whether with the help of their social circles or on personal initiative, students may have a passion and decide that their priorities lie in a specific field and consequently decide to devote their time and effort towards the subjects that allow them to develop and supplement a particular skills (e.g. for linguistics such subjects would be languages and literature, for engineering math and physics or even sports if the student decides this is their priority). They will focus on their subjects of choice and use services to complete their homework for less important subjects;
- Supplementary help. A number of students may use the services to only do part of their work and do the rest themselves. The reasons may vary from person to person from tasks being easy but taking a lot of writing and students considering that doing them is a waste of time or the opposite reason of tasks being too hard for the student to complete before the deadline. However, some of the students take college homework help to use it as an example of the completed task and are able to learn from it
- Family matters. Certain problems in the family or personal life may create an atmosphere at home that is hard for studying as well as take up valuable time and energy, therefore, leaving the student either unable to complete the task (especially considering that most of them have a hard deadline) or choose to prioritize dealing with their personal or family issues over studies.
The other reason for a student to avoid doing the homework themselves might be the general attitude in the respective college or of a particular teacher that put a huge emphasis on their results, hence encourages willingly or not to provide the best possible results regardless of the methods. Such an attitude from a teacher devaluates the study process itself, putting the end result in front of the learning.